Saturday 15 March 2014

Which album is better? - Louder or Pure Heroine?



Lea Michele's album debuted at number 4 in the Billboard charts this week, while Lorde's debut album 'Pure Heroine' peaked at number 3, but has stayed in the Top 10 in the Billboard 200 for quite some time. So let's compare both the singers' debut albums!

Firstly, I never thought that Lea's low notes(around F3) would sound good. At all. But in this debut album, she has proved me wrong. Even though it disappointed me because in its lead single, Cannonball, it showed very little powerful belts, her highest belt being at B4 in the single. Nevertheless, I am going to give this album a generally favourable grade - around B-.


Alright, moving on to Lorde's debut album, Pure Heroine. And my, is it a dark themed song with really deep lyrics. It is like a literature text, honestly, you cannot really take it at face value. Most of her songs require further exploration to her background before coming out with a legit answer to the meaning behind those weird phrasing.

Her debut album has showcased a supposed 3 octave range. However, her notes at the second octave do not sound too believable for me. I believe that she can handle the notes from C#3 to F#5, but as for the rest of the notes listed in the video, she'd probably would have a hard time doing it live. Still, I like this album and some of the songs - Royals, Team, Tennis Court as well as Glory and Gore. Overall, her music is refreshing but I still have some reservations before considering her album to be excellent. I'd give this album a B+.


Overall, I think that the better album would be Pure Heroine - I mean its so good that it's almost scary. Her sound/music is refreshing, her music has rarely been explored and her voice would take her places. I'm not saying Lea Michele's album is not good, its just not better than Lorde's album.

No comments:

Post a Comment